Welcome to Star Wars Wednesday! We’ve looked at many Star Wars quotes and their biblical cousins. Let’s take a look at some of the creator of Star Wars‘s quotes. I found the below in an article by Inc. you can read HERE.
1. “If you want to be successful in a particular field, perseverance is one of the key qualities.”
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. ~ Galatians 6:9 NLT
2. “You have to find something that you love enough to jump over hurdles and break through the brick walls.”
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. ~ Matthew 16:24 NLT
3. “If you can tune into the fantasy life of an 11-year-old girl, you can make a fortune in this business.”
About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”
Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.
“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father. ~ Matthew 18:1-5, 10 NLT
4. “A lot of people like to do certain things, but they’re not that good at it. Keep going through the things that you like to do until you find something that you actually seem to be extremely good at. It can be anything.”
In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. ~ Romans 12:6-8 NLT
5. “My first six years in the business were hopeless. There are a lot of times when you sit and you say ‘Why am I doing this? I’ll never make it. It’s just not going to happen. I should go out and get a real job, and try to survive.'”
“But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit. ~ Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT
6. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plough right ahead.”
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. ~ Romans 5:3-5 NLT
There you have it! These are not tit-for-tat comparisons, rather the verse that pop into the forefront of my mind when I read Mr. Lucas’s words. I hope you’ve enjoyed them. 🙂